Our Gen2 sight upgrades our very popular Classic Glock Rear Sight with the new Gen2 features - coarse serrations on the front ledge for improved racking, scooped blade profile for better downrange visual awareness, and updated dovetail dimensions for Gen5 guns with oversized dovetails.
Precision CNC machined from heat treated 4140 bar stock and finished in black QPQ salt bath nitrocarburizing (aka Melonite, same as the Glock slide). All 10-8 sights feature a U notch for rapid, intuitive alignment with a dot such as on our tritium insert and fiber optic front sights. The rear face is plain black, serrated at 40 lpi to reduce glare in varied lighting conditions.
- Fits: ALL Glock models, all calibers, all frame sizes, all slide sizes.
- EVERY Glock, including Gen 5, 19X, etc. all use the same front and rear sights.
- The only Glocks with unique sight requirements are as follows:
- Glock 43x/48, due to narrower slides.
- Glock MOS slides use the universal Glock rear dovetail, but located more to the rear. We have specific sights compatible with the MOS slide.
- Notch widths: .140" and .156" U Notch
- .140" - good balance of speed and accuracy
- .156" - good for maximum speed, preferred for older eyes
- Compatible with .215" - .250" tall front sights (see below for more info)
- most Glock models, regardless of caliber and generation, most commonly use the .215" front.
- Glock 34/35, 41, 17L, 24L most commonly uses the .235" front. Sights do not overhang slide cutout.
- Our rear sight is .250” net blade height above the slide
- Use a notch width equal to or greater than front sight width.
- NOT compatible in elevation with the Glock OEM, Trijicon OEM style, TruDot, Meprolight, TruGlo TFO front sights as they are too low.
- XS Standard Dot front sights are .200" tall. Our .156" notch rear is recommended, but we do not guarantee POA/POI due to the short height.
- XS Big Dot front sight is .195" wide, and is too wide to work with any our sights.
- Trijicon HD, GL101 Series front sight is .215" tall x .144" wide. Our .156" notch rear is compatible.
Fitting is usually not required, but the QPQ/Melonite finish is harder than a normal steel file. It needs to be filed with a diamond file or hone (see Brownells.com), as files will slide right off the surface.
Please contact us for a discounted price on additional front sights if your initial purchase does not provide the desired point of impact.
ReviewsAndrewI have used a handful of different brand Glock sights, including an older 10-8 rear sight. This new model is my all time favorite. I like the plain wide U notch paired with orange surround tritium front. Sight has serrations on forward notch to facilitate racking one handed in an emergency - very cool. It fit my Glock dovetail well (using MGW pusher), and I like the additional set screw.Stuart Ashton
GEN II Glock Rear SightAfter careful review of the available sights on the market, I chose the 10-8 Performance GEN II Glock Rear Sight for my Glock 34. The price was good and delivery was fast. I removed the older rear sight with an MGW sight pusher and then pushed in the new 10-8 Performance sight. It went on correctly and fight tightly. My only issue was that I foolishly took the set screw out of the sight and promptly lost the bloody thing. Hopefully, Hilton will have mercy on me and send me another.Ed Payton
GEN 2 REAR SIGHT FOR GLOCKSFirst off the 10-8 GLOCK GEN 2 REAR SIGHT is asthetically pleasing. I really like the serrated lines on the rear of the sight, it aides nicely in acquiring the front sight quickly and reduces any visual distractions you might find with rear sights that have tritium vials on each side of them. I have the 10-8 performance front sight that has the yellow polymer ring around it, which when I paired the front with the GEN 2 REAR SIGHT on my GLOCK 21, it helped me focus on the front sight. I’ve researched and read reviews about 10-8 performance products, and after using them, I can say that the reviews of how good their products are is not exaggerated. I plan on purchasing another 10-8 GEN 2 REAR SIGHT,as well as their yellow front sight and placed them on my other GLOCK PISTOL.Ed Payton
GEN 2 REAR SIGHT FOR GLOCKSFirst off the 10-8 GLOCK GEN 2 REAR SIGHT is asthetically pleasing. I really like the serrated lines on the rear of the sight, it aides in acquiring the front sight quickly and reduces any visual distractions you might find with rear sights that have tritium vials on each side of them. I have the 10-8 performance front that has the yellow polymer ring around it, which when I paired the front with the GEN 2 REAR SIGHT, it helped me focus on the front sight. I’ve researched and read reviews 10-8 performance products, and after using them, I can that reviews of good they are is not exaggerated. I plan on adding the GEN 2 REAR SIGHT paired with the yellow front on my other GLOCK PISTOL.
Leave a Review