The Gen2 Glock MOS Rear Sight is a radical update of our classic sight, with the following new features:
- Scooped shoulders
- Deeper .125" notch
- Wider dovetail base for better fit in new production Glocks and aftermarket slides
- Serrated front face for better traction during one handed manipulation
Standard height (.325" overall height, .250" above the slide, same as our standard Glock rear sight) rear sight designed to fit into the Glock MOS rear dovetail without interfering with the adapter plate. This sight is compatible with our normal .215"-.250" tall Glock front sights. Please note that this rear sight setup will not be tall enough to cowitness with an optic in place. The idea is to allow you to take advantage of your MOS slide's features, but without the headache of tall sights dragging on holsters or being too high above a slick slide. Will also fit on all Glock slides without MOS plate.
**This is our recommended rear sight for the Glock 43x/48, in conjunction with our .250" height Glock front sight.**
- Notch widths: .140" and .156" U Notch
- .140" - good balance of speed and accuracy
- .156" - good for maximum speed, preferred for older eyes
- Compatible with .215" - .250" tall front sights (see below for more info)
- Our rear sight is .250” net blade height above the slide
- Use a notch width equal to or greater than front sight width.
- NOT compatible in elevation with the Glock OEM, Trijicon OEM style, TruDot, Meprolight, TruGlo TFO front sights as they are too low.
- XS Standard Dot front sights are .200" tall. Our .156" notch rear is recommended, but we do not guarantee POA/POI due to the short height.
- XS Big Dot front sight is .195" wide, and is too wide to work with any our sights.
- Trijicon HD, GL101 Series front sight is .215" tall x .144" wide. Our .156" notch rear is compatible.
User installation instructions included. Fitting is usually not required, but the QPQ/Melonite finish is harder than a normal steel file. It needs to be filed with a diamond file or hone (see Brownells.com), as files will slide right off the surface.
***Some newer production Gen5 guns may have oversized rear sight dovetails. If you experience excessively loose fit of our rear sight, please contact us for a return. Our sights are all the same size, so we are unable to provide you with a larger one.
Finished in black QPQ salt bath nitrocarburizing (aka Melonite, same as the Glock slide), includes set screw and wrench.
ReviewsAllen BakerThis is my 2nd Gen 2 MOS Rear sight from 10-8. I am really digging these rear sights. This one went on my 43X, accompanied with the Night/Day Orange front sight. I have installed setup on 3 Glocks so far and is my new 10-8 go to for the foreseeable future.NC
10-8 Rr MOS / Fr Orng Day/NightExcellent customer service and support. Hilton has created a superior product with years of actual field use and experience! The best sights money can buy!Allen Baker
Glock MOS Rear Sight, Standard Height, Gen 2This is my second MOS Rear sight that I have purchased from 10-8. The first was a Gen 1 for my Gen 5 Glock 17 MOS. This sight was a Gen 2 for my Gen 5 Glock 34 MOS. I have .140 10-8 rear sights on all my glocks. I was hesitant of the new Gen 2's new shape,as I really like the gen 1, but really dig it now that it is on.Jonathan Boggs
MOs rear sight for 43xI paired this rear with the .250 fiber optic front. Went with the .140 width and I couldn’t be happier with the set up. Shoots point of aim and sight picture is crisp and simple. Would definitely recommend these sights and will likely put them on other glocks in the future.
Leave a Review