Magazine base pad for STI 2011 factory magazine, Gen1 and Gen2. Designed to provide proper fit and prevent over insertion on slide lock reloads when used as follows:
- Full size Gen1 and Gen2 grips, with 126mm/17rd mag, flush fit, without mag well
- Full size Gen2 grips, with 126mm/17rd mag, flush fit, with current production Dawson Tactical Advantage mag well
- C2/ODS Gen2 grips, with 120mm/16rd mag, flush fit
*Due to the wide variation in dimensions for the Gen1 grips with various mag wells, we can't guarantee fit on these setups. Due to the variation in length of the legacy VIP length grips, we can't predict with certainty if this pad will be 100% compatible with all samples.
Includes new thicker bottom to recess the star shaped mag pad retainer and prevent accidental depression during drops on concrete.
Machined from 6061 aluminum and anodized matte black. Includes classic 10-8 features: serrated front for easier stripping and more tactile handling, scallops on side for stripping stuck mag, and dimples on the bottom for marking your magazine.
**The star will sit below flush due to our plate being thicker. The pad's hole location is set to minimum spec to eliminate any fore/aft play of the pad on the tube, but it can make for a very tight fit for the factory retainer (the star). Here the solutions to try if the star isn’t popping up into the base pad:
1) Hold the mag tube and rap the serrated front of the base pad on a wooden block, inertia usually is enough to seat the star retainer.
2) Use a larger diameter punch to push the star down and tilt it in order to have it pop up.
ReviewsChris BrazzillThis is my second time purchasing this item. After using the first ones I bought, I new they were the best magazine bases for the STI mags and I came back and got some more! This is the only magazine base I run on all my STI mags. If you are looking for a real base that will survive real world usage and not a Gucci range day, then these are the base plates you want. Thanks !0-8 for a superior product!CMB
ReviewThis are amazing base plates made from high quality aluminum that fit perfectly. I would highly recommend these over the factory plastic mag bases. These will last many years of speed reloads and being dropped on the deck. Another great 10-8 item, would highly recommend!
Leave a Review