1911 Dovetail Front Sight, .330"x.075"x65 degree (aka "Novak") dovetail, drilled for front roll pin. Our 1911 front sights are made from hardened 4140 bar stock for improved durability and feature a narrowed front section to provide a clean sight picture even if the forward part of the blade is dinged up or dirty. Blades feature a 40lpi serrated front face for reduction of glare in all lighting conditions.
- FITS: "Novak" .330" x .075" x 65 degree dovetail
- If you are not sure what height and dovetail dimensions you have, it is best to measure and/or consult with your pistol's manufacturer. Unmodified slides will require machining. We cannot guarantee exact fit in all guns as each vendor cuts their dovetails to slightly different dimensions. Please note that the roll pin hole location varies widely, and there may be a slight mismatch between our pin hole and whatever has been drilled in your slide.
- WILL NOT FIT: Kimber, Springfield Armory, Wilson Combat, Colt (all models, including XSE, Special Combat Government, Defender, Gunsite, Rail Gun, etc. - Colt has changed their spec so many times and ways that we cannot predict what is going on with your gun), Dan Wesson, STI, SVI, Ruger 1911, Magnum Research.
- Heights: .175", .185", and .195" blade height.
- Measure your existing front sight if retrofitting or check with your gunsmith for height suggestions when scratch building.
- If matching "in between" sizes (.180" for example), use the next shorter size (.175") and it'll shoot about 1/2" higher at 25 yards.
- Please note that each manufacturer and individual guns will vary in regards to what height is used, and there is no set standard height.
- .007" of sight height equates to roughly 1" of elevation change at 25 yards.
- TALLER front = LOWER point of impact
- SHORTER front = HIGHER point of impact
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT HEIGHT TO USE ON YOUR GUN, AS EVERY 1911 IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT.
- If you must guess what height to use, try .185" as a starting point.
Fiber Optic Sight has .125" wide blade, accepts .060" fiber optic rod (.075" diameter on blade face). Comes with 1 each red and green fiber rods.
Black oxide finish blade, .125" width, includes stainless roll pin.
ReviewsLanceGreat Novak cut fiber optic front sight for 1911 handguns. Some fitting involved but not a whole lot for easy installation. Looks great and performs even better. Thanks 10-8!,,Solomon
1911 front sightInstalled easily with no fitting of the sight or slide necessary on an older Ed Brown Kobra. I do not consider this a deficiency of the 10-8 sight. The Ed Brown slide seems to have dovetail dimensions that allow most sights, including the factory sights, to slip in easily without fitting. I appreciate the added roll pin for on slides that a drilled for it like my particular Ed Brown. Loctite will be necessary for extra security. The size of fiber optic rod provides a nice bright easily seen visual reference.ROBERT MURPHY
1911 Front SightsperfectionStuart Ashton
I even got a guitar pick!I am a fan of Hilton Yam and his products. I needed a gold bead front sight to match my 10-8 Products rear sight and bang - one was nearly instantly at my home. I think I will look at other products in the future. He even sent me a guitar pick! Thanks. Do you have them in thin? I think this is for a bassist!Travis
Best 1911 Fiber Optic Front Sight AvailableThere are several companies making 1911 Fiber Optic Front Sights but none equal these 10-8’s. First off, the finish is excellent, the best I have seen from any company actually. Secondly, the .060” Fiber Optic rods are the perfect size, you might think it’s too big compared to the normal .040” rod for precision work but it is not, it’s the perfect size. The great thing is that the sight blade itself is nice and narrow for precision work but the .060” Fiber Optic jumps right out, nice and bright and is far superior to smaller diameter rods. These sights are awesome and I highly recommend them! My biggest problem is that they only had one of the size I needed so I need to wait for the next batch which is disappointing. I also wish they offered these in shorter heights so I could use them on some other 1911’s which require shorter front sights. One other thing that would be nice is if they offered this in a “contoured” version as well since they stand up fairly high above the slide profile of a standard 1911.P.L.
Fiber Optic - terrific sightAfter installing the fiber optic front and all black rear sights on my 1911 and Glock, I wish I made the transition years ago. This combination is, by far, the fastest I've used. Easy to acquire from the holster, tracks well during recoil, and the narrow front post is a bonus on small targets at distance. Well done, 10-8.Tyler Fontenot
Bright Light, Great fitTheres nothing special about it, but this sight meets the basic requirements with perfection. Solid design to protect fiber optic so it's not constantly getting knocked out. Easy enough to change a light rod if you decide to. Front hole for Light rod is recessed to allow micro adjustment of how wide you want the front of your fiber optic. Dovetail is properly oversized to allow great fit to most 1911 Frames.
Nice sight, but it doesn't fit.The sight fits in the dovetail of my Sig GSR with no tension and the roll pin hole doesn't line up. Now I'm having a gunsmith drill a new hole in the sight base for the roll pin. So much for a quick DIY sight swap.Dave Bolin
Right Sight, Right PriceThe one biggest complaint about Rock Island Armory 1911's is the non-standard sight cuts they come with. So when I saw that 10-8 Performance's 1911 front sights were made to fit Rocks, I was anxious to try them. Sure enough, the 10-8 tenon is VERY close to a perfect fit, needing only a few strokes of a 65-degree file to get a proper insertion (make sure all the old adhesive cleaned from the slide mortise and the cut is as clean as can be). My slide didn't come with a hole for the locator pin but I'm glad they included it. In use, the sights are visible without being distracting and I feel confident in using them on both my EDC and home defense pistols. The fact that they were also very reasonably priced is another reason that I am extremely satisfied with my decision to go with 10-8 Performance sights.Mike H. Indiana
Perfect sight for EDCI have 3 1911's in service rotation now. All of them with the 10-8 U notch rear sights. 2 have the brass bead and one a white dot. All are top performers. The brass bead picks up any available light and shines like a beacon. If you are looking for a battle proven set of sights look no further. None better at any price.
Leave a Review