The Armorer Block is the culmination of years of tinkering on the 1911 and getting by with a box of tools and fixtures that didn't quite do what I wanted.
This 4"x4"x1.25" block is CNC machined from super tough nylon, and will give years of service. Whatever you might wish to do to your 1911 or 2011 using hand tools, this block will help you do it. The block comes with removable hammer and sear fixture pins.
Some of the built in features of the block (see photo gallery):
- Hold barrel for link pin removal/installation
- Thumb safety fitting, clearance cut, and detent face tuning
- Mainspring housing assembly/disassembly and MSH cap pin holding
- Hammer/sear engagement observation
- Hammer link pin removal
- 2011 Spring guide disassembly/reassembly
- 2011 Grip Rest for MSH pin removal
- 2011 Frame rest for grip module removal
- 1911 Frame holding on either side, via grip screw bushings, with plunger tube and mag catch clearance
This block is so handy it is even used by Colt in their 1911 armorer courses!
**Not compatible with Officer's/Defender, EMP, and other shortened 1911 single stack frames.
ReviewsJ. HughesA must have if you work on your own pistolStephen Weir
1911 Armourer's blockThis is a great little product!! I'm currently in the middle of a Commander 1911 build, and after noticing these being used in several class videos, including a Larry Vickers class, I was SOLD!! I've used it to fit my barrel hood, install/remove the barrel link pin, tinker with the sear/hammer interface, and fit my thumb safety...the holes, cutout and angle guide in this block for fitting thumb safeties is both ingeniously simple AND brilliant!! If you are working on a 1911, quit screwing around, and BUY THIS BLOCK!! And SUPPORT Hilton!!Joshua
Armorers blockVery sturdy and easy to use, very much recommend over the Wheeler.
Leave a Review