Our magazine base pads are CNC machined from tough 6061 aluminum for maximum durability. The streamlined design for the M&P 45 14 round extended magazine drastically reduces bulk over the factory design, allowing both ease of reloading as well as comfortable carry. The bottom of the pad features 8 dimples for marking your magazines. For full sized frame M&P models in .45 ACP, with 14 round extended length magazine. Magazine not included.
**Does not fit MA compliant and other variations of 10 round or restricted capacity magazines.**
Installing our M&P 45 Extended Base Pad is a simple proposition with just a few simple tools. Starting with an empty magazine, here's how you do it:
- Disassemble the magazine. Use a pin punch to depress the retainer plate at the center of the factory base pad, and slide the pad forward. Be careful not to let the spring and retainer plate fly free when the pad is moved.
- Clamp the magazine tube in padded rubber or leather vise jaws, front to back, with the top of the tube facing down. The tube is more rigid front to back; don't clamp side to side as it will crush easily.
- Use a wooden block/dowel or one of the Delrin drift punches available on our webstore, and a mallet to tap the rubber grip extension sleeve. Work your way slowly around the entire circumference of the rubber sleeve so that it moves evenly down the tube.
- As the sleeve moves along the tube, you should be able to get to a point where you can remove it by hand or just with the mallet while holding the tube in your hand. Be careful of the feed lips when doing this, so that you do not crush them against your work surface as you hammer freehand.
- Reinstall the spring, retainer plate, and the 10-8 extended pad, and you are ready to rock!
ReviewsJohn OdvarThese base plates are awesome. They look great and function just as they should. I do wish they were a little cheaper as I only paid $10 per mag and I'm spending over $40 a base plate shipped. But they sure do make the gun look sexy, and that's what it's all about right? Seriously though they are very nice, just pricey. If you can justify the cost then I say to buy them. Also processing and shipping was amazing even with the Corona virus ruining all things that are good!
S&W M&P 45 extended base padThis is the fourth one I have purchased. Great product, significantly reduces the thickness of the magazine and makes it easier for concealed carry.
Quality manufacturing!I bought three extended base pads for my 14-round magazines. They have great fit and finish.
Best idea out there for M&P extended mag baseThe factory M&P 14-round extended mag looks good hanging on the wall, like all the lines seem to flow perfectly. Placed in the weapon, it looks a bit odd, and feels even odder. The 10-8 extended mag base LOOKS streamlined, and feels great in the hand. A big bonus is that it takes less space in a mag pouch. A perfect example of doing more with less.Bryan
ExcellentDesigned and built great, easy to grab and load. However, I bought them for the looks for my bead blasted, 14rnd mags.ken bowen
excellent product!The base pad for the factory sw mp 45 14 round magazine is a great product! The factory base pad that comes on the magazine is not only ugly, it's also awkward and cumbersome to manipulate and carry on your belt. The 10-8 base plate is extremely well made, easy to handle and wear, and looks super slick. Another great product from 10-8!
Great productQuality product and easy to use.Travis A.
Outstanding item for your extended 45 magI bought the 14 round mag for my M&P .45 FDE & I just didn't like the tan sleeve on it. It looked ugly plus it doesn't feel right when I handle it in my gun. So I bought 10-8's extended base pad & followed the instructions on how to tap out the tan sleeve & to install the new base pad. Now my extended mag looks like a REAL extended mag, giving my gun some flair with the silver part of the mag exposed & makes it easier to grip the firearm & reload. Awesome item 10-8, keep it up!!
Leave a Review