WHEN: 03/02/22 1700-2100 EST
WHERE: Online, closed Zoom video conference
WHO: Open Enrollment
WHAT: This online class covers field stripping, detail disassembly/reassembly, parts inspection and theory. Please note that this is not a gunsmithing course, and students should not expect to be performing modifications to their pistols. Modifications and tuning will be discussed and demonstrated as applicable.
What you need:
- 1911 Single Stack Pistol: Government model bushing barrel format WITHOUT firing pin safety is suggested
- Staccato C and R single stacks are modular designs and you will want my 2011/1911 Double Stack Modular class instead of this
- The course is not caliber specific, as disassembly of .45 vs 9mm et al is largely the same and differences will be addressed.
- Kimber Series 2, Colt Series 80, Sig 1911 variants, S&W SW1911 models all have a firing pin safety which will significantly complicate disassembly and reassembly, and will hamper your ability to keep up with class. You can make do if that's all you have, but understand that you'll need to make adjustments.
- 1 magazine
- Computer with video/audio, capable of Zoom interface
- Empty cartridge case or INERT cartridge
- Personal tool kit with cleaning gear, bench mat, hammer, 3/32" and 1/16" punches
- Any additional tools you may wish to have on hand to facilitate modifications as discussed
- Any brand/model specific tools for field stripping of your gun (ie. paper clip for captured guide rod)
Course enrollment includes option to purchase a discounted tool kit with free shipping, which include 10-8 Performance 1911 Armorer Block, 1911/2011 MSH Pin Tool, Armorer Tool, and 2011 Armorer Tool (shown in photo), which will be mailed to the student upon enrollment.
10-8 Performance is not affiliated with any named manufacturers of 1911s nor is this course a factory certification of any type. Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance via emailed PDF.
***Unless sold out, class enrollment will be closed 10 calendar days prior to class in order to allow time for shipping of tools. Please note that the "No Tools" enrollment option will remain open until the day of the class (unless sold out). Class is conducted LIVE and students must attend at the time that it is presented.
Students may purchase tools from McMaster.com:
Starrett 3/32” punch, 34185A66
1/8” screwdriver, 5682A37
Be the first to
Leave a Review