The 10-8 Performance rear sight is precision CNC machined from heat treated 4140 bar stock and finished in black QPQ salt bath nitrocarburizing (aka Melonite, same as the Glock slide). All 10-8 sights feature a U notch for rapid, intuitive alignment with a dot such as on our tritium insert and fiber optic front sights. The rear face is plain black, serrated at 40 lpi to reduce glare in varied lighting conditions.
- Fits: ALL Glock models, all calibers, all frame sizes, all slide sizes.
- EVERY Glock, including Gen 5, 19X, etc. all use the same front and rear sights.
- The only Glocks with unique sights are as follows:
- Glock 42/43 needs a shorter front and narrower rear, and use our model specific front/rear sights.
- Glock MOS slides use the universal Glock rear dovetail, but located more to the rear. We have specific sights compatible with the MOS slide.
- Notch widths: .140" and .156" U Notch
- .140" - good balance of speed and accuracy
- .156" - good for maximum speed, preferred for older eyes
- Compatible with .215" - .250" tall front sights (see below for more info)
- most Glock models, regardless of caliber and generation, most commonly use the .215" front.
- Glock 34/35, 41, 17L, 24L most commonly uses the .235" front. Sights do not overhang slide cutout.
- Our rear sight is .250” net blade height above the slide
- Use a notch width equal to or greater than front sight width.
- NOT compatible in elevation with the Glock OEM, Trijicon OEM style, TruDot, Meprolight, TruGlo TFO front sights as they are too low.
- XS Standard Dot front sights are .200" tall. Our .156" notch rear is recommended, but we do not guarantee POA/POI due to the short height.
- XS Big Dot front sight is .195" wide, and is too wide to work with any our sights.
- Trijicon HD, GL101 Series front sight is .215" tall x .144" wide. Our .156" notch rear is compatible.
User installation instructions included. Fitting is usually not required, but the QPQ/Melonite finish is harder than a normal steel file. It needs to be filed with a diamond file or hone (see Brownells.com), as files will slide right off the surface.
***Some newer production Gen5 guns may have oversized rear sight dovetails. If you experience excessively loose fit of our rear sight, please contact us for a return. Our sights are all the same size, so we are unable to provide you with a larger one.
Please contact us for a discounted price on additional front sights if your initial purchase does not provide the desired point of impact.
ReviewsJohn ShieldsAll I use on all my pistols.
The best!The .156 U notch rear sight gives the best combination of speed and accuracy when combined with the fiber optic front sight.Pavlos Pavlakos
Best Rear Sight Out ThereHad Tru Glow TFX Pros and I really liked the tritium fiber optic but wanted a blacked out rear sight. This U-notched blacked out rear was the perfect solution. Not only does it do the job well but it looks good too. If you want a blacked out rear U Notch sight for your glock then this the sight for you.Robert Prosser
Everything I hoped for.Rear sight came almost overnight and went into my Glock 19 effortlessly like it had been pre fitted. A few taps to seat it the rest of the way home and I was there. Great sight picture.Jimmy Wards
When only the best will do.This rear sight never disappoints. Best of the BEST!!! Buy without hesitation.William W Hawthorne
High Quality SightVery sturdy sight. Fits perfectly and presses on without filing or additional fitting. This is my 2nd set of 10-8 sights. They work for me.William W Hawthorne
High Quality SightHigh quality sight. Easy installation without any fitting needed. Works well for me paired with the fiber optic front sight.Jimmy Ward
Best in the businessI have these on all my firearms, what more can I say. AWESOME!!! Shipping rivals Amazon.Bob
The best U notch on the market IMO...Plain black serrated rear with FO front is my preferred setup, and I've found in the last handful of years U notch rears are faster for me. I've tried quite a few, and the .156 U notch rear has become my most consistent. These sights are incredibly well made & machined. I installed 7 sets, a few of them required minor fitting, and this is to be expected, couple of passes with a file. I paired them with Dawson precision front fiber optic sights, my preferred front. Though the wider u notch of a Trijicon HD offers slightly faster acquisition, I find the rear lamps distracting, even when they are blacked out, and not as precise. But, given the appropritate amount of familiarization my acquisition has become just as fast, with the added benefit of the .156R/.125F to provide a great deal more accuracy & precision.mike odbert
rear sight installI still do not have my rear sight installed on my glock 19 as I have to order a diamond hone to file down the sight to get it installed as it is so tight I can not get it into the groove. I " THINK" I will like it once I get it installed. Customer service did respond to my complaint and give advice on how to resolve the problem but I still have to buy a special hone to file the sight as the metal is very hard. Company says this is not normal but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Leave a Review